The last few days have been a complete mind trip. I am living near Palmer, Alaska near the Matanuska Glacier and training to be a glacier guide. I sleep in my tent every night and my site overlooks the Chugach mountain range and the terminal face of the glacier. It is sunny 22 hours a day here, which took some getting used too. But like many things, it is becoming a familiar sight. All of my time, and the other five assistant guides, is taken up by training, training, training! I trek on the glacier every day and will be ice climbing for the first time today.
I have already been scheduled to assist on a three day backpacking trip near the Talkeetna Mountain range which is near the area. But that is all for now because I need to go eat breakfast...Pics to come soon!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteSounds AWESOME. Post a picture looking out of your tent! It is hard to imagine sunshine 22 hours per day!!
Three day backpacking trip! Remember, don't eat yellow glacial snow. I know it'll be tempting.
ReplyDeleteWhy would you skip over the lemon snow?
ReplyDelete