
This is a
moulin. It is the most dangerous feature we encounter on the glacier. It means windmill in french. Water flows into it and erodes a hole that goes down to the bottom of the glacier and eventually flows out at the "terminal face".


Here are some photos of the glacier. This includes some of the scenery that I will see every day with clients.

Here is the crew of assistant guides for this season. There are a few other lead guides and Exposure Guides, but this the group of amateurs! From left to right: Lauren, Amanda, Me, Joe, Phil and Steve. All are extremely nice and very fun.
Hey Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteThe picture of you and the other guides doesn't show completely on your page, but I saw it in full when I clicked on it.
These pictures are amazing! I wish I could come up there, but I'm wicked poor.
By the way, Maestro Dynamite is none other than me...Joe. Long story. Don't ask.
Other than the group photo, that looks like a vast and lonely territory. Beautiful and stunning though. I'm glad your amateur-mates are friendly peeps. Keep your toes warm!
ReplyDelete-asp